Monday, August 01, 2005

First working version!

The first working version is done! Read the link for details on circumstances.
I've been in the Yale Library (Sterling) all day, so I've had nothing but time for coding ^^;. Luckily, since this is in Tcl (whose power is great but advancement is slow), I have been able to get everything to run on the spartan PII IBM ThinkPad 480Z running Red Hat 7 I have with me. I just tested the syntax, so I don't know how well everything looks.
I added tons of options to Aoi (spent most of my time on that, and it was most interesting). Now you can change the background, change the main menu items, regenerate the menus, save your options, revert to saved options, and all of it compatible with its linkings with the Futaba widget library (including HoloUI, the "Holographic User Interface", and FutabaEvent, the "extensible event-handling and binding system").
I also made a new library within LibSakura: Haiku. It's "The Sakura Extensible Error Handling Library"; in other words, it allows for scriptable schemes of error messages, and output of said messages via a variety of methods. Thank the GNU Humor Archive for the name: it's a joke on the jokeset "Error Messages in Haiku", a method I once tried with an earlier piece of software, much to the dismay of ALL OF ITS USERS! ^^;. Actually, the library itself is rather poetic: given an error like "file not found", it would output a box something like this:

__________________________________________
|*| Glork!___________________________|.|^|x|
| |
| Guru Meditation: |
| Error code: 17 |
| File not found! |
| | \\//
| ________ | //\| | OK | |
| |________| |
|__________________________________________|

Isn't it great?

Anyway, I've gotta post this and get it over, I'll give more details when I put up the release ^^;.

~John

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home